CP12 Gas Safety Certificates
Landlords are legally responsible for ensuring an annual gas safety check is carried out within 12 months of installation of a new appliance or flue in their properties. This check must also be carried out annually thereafter.
The ‘Landlord Gas Safety Record’ is often referred to as a ‘gas safety record’ or ‘CP12’ form. This record states that a Gas Safety check has been carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer (previously Corgi). There is not a standard industry form produced by the Gas Safe Register, so it can take a variety of formats depending on the company or retailer who has produced it. This said, the record must contain the following information:
- A description of and the location of each appliance or flue checked
- The name, registration number and signature of the individual carrying out the check
- The date on which the appliance or flue was checked
- The address of the property at which the appliance or flue is installed
- The name and address of the landlord (or his agent where appropriate)
- Any defect identified and any remedial action taken
- A statement confirming that the safety check completed complies with the requirements of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
Landlords must keep a record of the gas safety check for at least two years and must give a copy of the record to each person who has signed a tenancy agreement.
Designtech Heating Ltd are pleased to offer Landlords this service from £65. Please contact us for a no-obligation quote.